Research Assistant for Berkman Klein Events
The Events Manager for the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, Xia Rondeau, is looking to hire communications and media production-savvy (or curious/interested) individuals to assist with the planning and execution of Center events relating to the rapidly evolving relationship between the Internet, technology, and society.
Ideal candidates are flexible, creative, and excitable individuals with an interest in management, media production, communications, and/or topics related to law and tech. They’re team players with a knack for learning and collaborating in fast-paced environments, interested in diving deep into diverse subjects through event production. They should also demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills with advanced attention to detail and organization.
RAs would assist on a range of event tasks, from planning to execution including handling RSVP’s and outreach, building listservs, researching and fostering relationships with student organizations on campus, assisting with day-of execution of events, and other tasks as needed. These positions are hybrid. Please note, events time vary: Some take place during lunch, some in the evening–flexibility around these times would be much appreciated.
Please note that to be eligible for this position, you must be an enrolled Harvard student.
- For this position you will work directly with the Events Manager. RAs typically work between 5-14 hours per week, depending on their availability and will be expected to attend a weekly progress meeting.
- Attend bi-weekly Events Strategy Team Meetings where you’ll sit in and listen to upcoming events and help organize next steps
- Assist with day-of event tasks from door greeting, mic running, tech/food support
- Work with the Events Manager to build stronger relationships with student orgs
- Oversee RSVP’s and followup with attendees
- Support virtual events by moderating Zoom meetings/webinars
- And more! (Nothing crazy)
Please send your current CV or resume and a cover letter summarizing your interest and experience including any background or interest in the topical areas described above to firstname.lastname@example.org with “RA Events Application” in the subject line. I promise you I am super fun to work with. (Note from Becca at BKC - “can attest!!”)
- This position is hybrid.
- To be eligible for this position, you must be a currently enrolled student at Harvard University.
- The time commitment would not exceed 20 hours per week. Often, individuals work from about five to 14 hours per week.
- Compensation is the standard rate for Harvard students in RA positions of $20.50/hour.
- We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.
- No other benefits are provided.
- The ideal start date is early November.
Harvard University’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society is a University-wide research center and one of the largest and most influential conveners and accelerators of scholars, technologists, activists and makers working on cyberspace and related law and public policy matters in the public interest.