The Berkman Center conducted an independent expert review of existing literature and studies about broadband deployment and usage throughout the world, in order to help inform the FCC’s efforts in developing the National Broadband Plan.
- July 14, 2009: announcement
- October 14: draft released for public comment (PDF) (reminder and additional comment)
- November 16: public comment period closes
- December 10: FCC workshop on broadband deployment research
- December 21: update memo released (PDF)
- February 16, 2010: final report submitted to the FCC (PDF)
We are grateful for the support we received for this project from the Ford Foundation and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.