FCC "Workshop: Review and Discussion of Broadband Deployment Research"
On Thursday, December 10, at 1:00 pm, the FCC is holding a public workshop on two independent studies that were requested in connection with the development of the National Broadband Plan:
- the Berkman Center's Next Generation Connectivity: A review of broadband Internet transitions and policy from around the world; and
- the Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI)'s Broadband in America: Where It is and Where It is Going (PDF).
...the authors of the studies will provide an overview of their findings and provide their responses to comments and critiques of their studies.
The following are some of the preliminary topics that will be covered at this workshop. If you would like to discuss any other topics, please send us your suggestions.
- Do the Berkman and CITI studies accomplish their intended purposes?
- Do the studies provide a complete and objective survey and review of the subject matter?
- How much weight should the Commission give to these studies as it develops the National Broadband Plan?
- What areas of future research along the lines of the Berkman and CITI studies would be important and fruitful for the academic and governmental research community to pursue?
See the workshop page on Broadband.gov for all of the details and in-person and online registration instructions.