Related resources and materials from members of the Berkman Center community involved in projects related to digital currencies and blockchain technologies:
- Student Voices: Bitcoin and the Law
- Bitcoin and the Law: A Cyberlaw Clinic presentation to the MIT Bitcoin Club about legal issues surrounding bitcoin, an online cryptocurrency, from taxes to privacy to currency regulation.
- Blockchain Workshops: An interdisciplinary examination of the legal, social, and economic aspects of Cryptoledger-based technologies
- Coalition of Automated Legal Application (COALA): COALA is an international multidisciplinary collaborative research and development initiative that endeavors to bring clarity and reduce legal uncertainty in the field of blockchain technologies, smart contracts and decentralized applications. It is intended to support the development and facilitate the deployment of blockchain based applications in today’s regulatory framework.
- ITS Bitcoin Hub: Hosted by the Institute for Technology and Society in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the bitcoin hub invites local and international entrepreneurs, computer scientists, scholars and enthusiasts to talk about a specific theme and explain how Bitcoin is changing it, including business models, investments, remittances, macroeconomics and cryptography fundamentals
- MIT Digital Currency Initiative: The goal of this initiative is to bring together global experts in areas ranging from cryptography, to economics, to privacy, to distributed systems, to take on this important new area of research.