Summer 2021 Research Assistant Opportunities
Applications are due by Wednesday, May 5, at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Berkman Klein Research Assistants (RAs) are deeply and substantively involved in the operation of the Berkman Klein Center's projects, programs, and other efforts. Becoming invaluable contributors to the Center’s operation and success, they work on collaborative and independent initiatives under the guidance of Berkman Klein staff, fellows, and faculty. Specific roles, tasks, and experiences vary depending on the Center's needs and RAs’ skills. All of this summer’s research assistantships will be performed remotely in the United States due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
For summer 2021, we welcome students to apply to any of the seven research assistantships listed below. Applications are due by Wednesday, May 5, at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Information and eligibility:
- The hourly wage for these positions is $16/hour.
- Start and end dates will range depending on the project needs and candidate availability, most likely starting around the beginning of June, and working through August 2021.
- Work may be part or full time depending on project needs and candidate availability.
- Applicants must possess work authorization in the United States. We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.
- Applicants must reside in the United States during the entire course of their employment.
- Applicants must possess readily available access to a computer and a reliable Internet connection.
Commitment to Diversity
The work and well-being of the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society are profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, ability, and much more. We actively seek and welcome applications from people of color including members of Black, Indigenous, Asian, Latinx, and other communities; women; members of the LGBTQIA+ community; people with disabilities; and people at intersections of these identities, from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods.
- Applications will only be accepted through the application form at: https://forms.gle/6GFc1hhE48gw1s919
- Required materials for all applicants include:
- A current resume or CV. The form will require that you include a link to your resume or CV that is accessible online (on a website, in a cloud-drive, etc). Please make sure if using a cloud-storage, the link settings are set to allow for people to access the document.
- A cover letter (1200 characters maximum) describing your skills and interests. You may wish to consider the following questions: What has led you to pursue research with the Berkman Klein Center and the issues we study? What would you like to gain from working with us this summer, and what will you contribute? How might the experience influence your future efforts?
- Applicants will be asked to select the Research Assistant role for which they would like to be considered, and may optionally select a second Research Assistant opportunity for consideration. Click below to expand and learn about the various opportunities.