It’s 2013: Do You Know Where Your News Is?
Examining scenarios for the future
One of the few areas of agreement among observers of the news environment is that there is much more change to come. There are challenges and opportunities for all involved and both start-ups and legacy media are unsure whether they will survive the next decade. Decisions made in the next few years may have enormous consequences for the breadth and quality of news coverage, depending on which niches thrive and which types of media don't survive. In this session we discuss scenarios that illustrate possible outcomes over the next 5-10 years.
Moderator: Jonathan Zittrain, Berkman Center
- David Cohn, digidave.org
- Jennifer Ferro, KCRW
- Jon Funabiki, San Francisco University
- Jonathan Krim, Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive Solana Larsen, Global Voices
- Paul Steiger, Editor-in-Chief, ProPublica
- Jonathan Taplin, USC Annenberg
- Lisa Williams, Placeblogger.com