Information Superhighway Five
YawnLog, ROFLCon, Harvard Free Culture, and the Public Radio Exchange Proudly Present...
INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY FIVE: THE WE EAT WHAT WE LIKE EDITION
A Gathering Of Boston Tech
April 4th, 2009, 8:00 PM - 12:00
Berkman Squared, 50 Church Street, Cambridge MA
RSVP on Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2171174
Boston is full of cool Internet people. Why aren't they meeting each other?
INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY is Boston's monthly party gathering hackers, activists, artists, designers, nonprofits, startups, academics and general geekery to hang out and connect with one another.
* No agenda, no "networking," no presentations. Just beverages, food, ideas and cool people.
* Best of all the price is free, just like the comic book in your cherished issues of Nickelodeon Magazine.
* This time: come out and meet wax nostalgic about early 90s kid snacks! We're going to have Fruit By The Foot, Capri Sun, Gushers, and a ton of delicious, sugary cereals your mom told you never to eat.
* Also, come and watch the boob tube -- we're going to be screening some glorious back-episodes of the Golden Age of animated television -- including Doug, Daria, Aeon Flux, and some gosh-darn Rocko's Modern Life.
* Also, if you're not doing anything during the day -- come out to the XOR Conference, a one jam-packed day of unadulterated bodaciousness.
With Featured Guests and Organizations:
Also Sponsored By Information Superhighway Alumni:
Beth Coleman and Kevin Driscoll (CMS), Mel Chua (Hello Silo), Steve Garfield (Founder, Boston Media Makers), Nate Aune, Brian Del Vecchio and Jon Pierce (Betahouse), Brett Stilwell (Pecha Kucha Boston), Mac Cowell and Jason Bobe (DIYBio), Keith Hopper (Hopper Analytical / NPR), Andrea Mercado (LibraryTechtonics), Gene Koo (The Berkman Center for Internet and Society), MacKenzie Sigalos and Katelyn Foley (One-For-All), Gary Goldberger (FableVision), Darius Kazemi (Orbus Gameworks/Boston Post Mortem)