VRM, or Vendor Relationship Management, is the reciprocal of CRM or Customer Relationship Management. It provides customers with tools for engaging with vendors in ways that work for both parties.
CRM systems until now have borne the full burden of relating with customers. VRM will provide customers with the means to bear some of that weight, and to help make markets work for both vendors and customers — in ways that don't require the former to "lock in" the latter.
More on the About Page.
Note: the shortest link to this page is http://projectvrm.org.
Next VRM Conference Call: Thursday March 8 at 10:30 AM Pacific / 1:30 PM Eastern
Please note: different dial-in number effective as of the next call.
Here are all the key details:
- VRM Conference Call
- Date: Thursday, March 8, 2007
- Time: 10:30 PDT, 1:30 EST
- Dial-in Number: 1-218-486-1300 Please note, this is the NEW NUMBER to use!!
- Conference Bridge Access Code #: 170658
As usual we are going to record the call for potential future use as a reference audio or podcast. The MP3s of the two prior calls can be found on the Community Portal page of the Project VRM wiki.
Do you have an agenda item for the call? Please send it to the group (or to me, if you're feeling shy).
Some members of our group have had timing conflicts (other calls or meetings) with the day and time of these Thursday calls. If a Wednesday call would be better, please advise. Let's do our best to maximize participation and productivity.
Conference Call archive and audio links have been moved to the Community Portal page.
- ProjectVRM mailing list
- VRM and -related events
- VRM Initiatives
- VRM Process
- VRM scenarios
- VRM technology
- VRM coverage in blogs
- VRM discussion in podcasts
- Questions raised by VRM
- VRMcompanies — A list of VRM or VRMlike comnpanies
- Expressions of Relationships (notes from VRM meeting)
- Random Notes from Jan 25th VRM Developers Meeting (stream of consciousness / ears and brain to fingertips and keyboard)
- Other related efforts