Announcing The Kinder & Braver World Project: Research Series
The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University is pleased to announce The Kinder & Braver World Project: Research Series
(danah boyd and John Palfrey, editors) as part of its collaboration
with the Born This Way Foundation (BTWF), and generously supported by
the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. danah boyd has also
blogged about the project.
This series of working papers will help synthesize research and provide research-based recommendations for action to BTWF, which officially launched on Wednesday, February 29th before a crowd of policymakers, non-profit organizations, foundation leaders, students and youth at the Harvard Graduate School of Education's Askwith Forum. For more information on the Berkman Center's partnership with BTWF, please see: http://cyber.harvard.edu/research/youthandmedia/bornthisway.
To date, the Kinder & Braver World Project is comprised of:
- "What You Must Know to Help Combat Youth Bullying, Meanness, and Cruelty" by danah boyd and John Palfrey
- "An Overview of State Anti-Bullying Legislation and Other Related Laws" by Dena Sacco, Katharine Silbaugh, Felipe Corredor, June Casey, and Davis Doherty
- "Bullying Prevention 101 for Schools: Dos and Don'ts" by Susan Swearer, Mia Doces, Lisa Jones, and Anne Collier
- "Implementing Bullying Prevention Programs in Schools: A How-To Guide" by Lisa Jones, Mia Doces, Susan Swearer, and Anne Collier
- "Changing the Culture: Ideas for Student Action" by Anne Collier, Susan Swearer, Mia Doces, and Lisa Jones
All documents are currently presented in draft form; we welcome feedback on each. Thoughts and suggestions can be sent to email@example.com. Additional material will be released over the coming months, so please stay tuned!