- Friday, Nov. 21, 2008
- LILC 301
Introduction to Mediawiki usage. Intended for people who are not familiar with wiki editing or the Mediawiki platform. Mel will present a short tutorial, resources, and suggested exercises; most of the time will be available for independent work (it is suggested that students work on their user pages) and questions.
Students with Mediawiki experience are invited to come and help facilitate as peer tutors.
The point of the wiki:
- Develop the spring syllabus together
- Student-owned seminars
- We should introduce ourselves to other People
- Looking for people and projects with problems that we can solve
- Each group should have a page
- Students can edit it
- This turns into a week of the course
- Wikis are a technology that facilitates this
Mchua 12:25, 21 November 2008 (EST)