Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See the announcement of version 184.108.40.206 (August 28, 2018) from the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society.|
- This is the home page of TagTeam.
- Suggested short URL for this page = bit.ly/tagteam-harvard
- TagTeam is an open-source tagging platform and feed aggregator developed for the Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP) at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society under the direction of Peter Suber.
- In addition to ordinary social tagging and bookmarking, TagTeam supports tag contributions from multiple platforms ("interoperable tagging"), the evolution of standard tag vocabularies ("folksonomy in, ontology out"), and boolean feed aggregation ("remix feeds"). Every tag and search publishes a feed in RSS, Atom, and JSON. TagTeam can subscribe to feeds from other platforms, and remix them with its own feeds. It stores all its tag records for deduping, export, preservation, modification, and search.
- TagTeam was initially developed to meet the needs of the Open Access Tracking Project (OATP). But it's now a general-purpose tool for open, tag-based research projects on any topic. OATP is now just one of many hubs in TagTeam.
- The Harvard instance of TagTeam is limited to academic or research projects. However the code is open and anyone may host other instances elsewhere.