[dvd-discuss] Digtal Fair Use legislation

Looks like we all missed this ... at least I can't
find "boucher" in any of the msgs in my dvd-discuss folder ...

[blockquote]
Initiating what is certain to be a contentious debate during the 108th Congress, U.S. Representatives Rick Boucher (D-VA), John Doolittle (R-CA), Spencer Bachus (R-AL) and Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) introduced on Tuesday the Digital Media Consumers' Rights Act with the announced goal of protecting the Fair Use rights of the users of copyrighted material and, thereby enabling the consumers of digital media to make use of it in ways that enhance their personal convenience. The legislation (H.R. 107) is identical to that which Boucher and Doolittle introduced during the Fall of 2002.
[/blockquote]

For more, read here:

http://www.house.gov/boucher/docs/dmca108.htm

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!