Re: [dvd-discuss] Jon Johansen acquitted!!

Mikael Pawlo <mikael@pawlo.com> wrote:
> Anyway - I am just here to rain on your parade.
>
> The law is about to be changed. Norway will follow the European Union and
> the European Copyright Directive and will as a member of EEC implement a
> version of the WIPO Copyright Treaty, that also served as inspiration for
> the U.S. Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

True, but unless someone in Norway knows better, it may be that Norway
chooses to do nothing about EUCD. They may consider that Norway's copyright
legislation already implements all the requirements of the directive.

The UK won't do anything about EUCD until at least March/April by the look
of it. The patents and copyrights office has been given a *lot* of comments
to chew through apparently (from both sides of the argument). See

I don't hold out much hope for the UK's future legislation, but at least
the patent office here is listening to the arguments at all. Maybe it's the
same thing in Norway.

Whatever: congratulations to Jon and his team.

--

Steve Hosgood                               |
steve@caederus.com                          | "A good plan today is better