Re: [dvd-discuss] Jon Johansen acquitted!!

Sorry if I do not get the quotes right - it was hard to tell who wrote what
below.

Anyway - I am just here to rain on your parade.

The law is about to be changed. Norway will follow the European Union and
the European Copyright Directive and will as a member of EEC implement a
version of the WIPO Copyright Treaty, that also served as inspiration for
the U.S. Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Draft Norweigan legislation is
expected in February 2003. This will make the Jon-DVD case void as a
precedent, since the legislation most likeley will adopt the protection for
anti-circumvention devices in the WIPO Copyright Treaty.

I really do not want to be a Lessig kind of pessimist, but he is starting
to convince me of the color of the future. The color has a dark shade -
that is if you do not consider strengthened copyright protection a good
thing.

Regards,

Mikael Pawlo

  ICQ:35638414                              mailto:mikael@pawlo.com