Re: [dvd-discuss] ``irreparable damage to my client''

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:41:49 -0700, "Michael A Rolenz" wrote:

>So...is this an argument that the headers constitute access control? As
>the two bytes in a font file are claimed to be? Or the don't read me bit?
>
>BTW - I'd say the "irreparable damage" was done in 1997

Not an access control, but the Usenet method of limiting a post's
lifespan. It only applies to the NNTP server--I don't know what Google's
policy is on expired posts. If Sara neglected to include the Expires
header then, I don't think she has much of a case against Google now.

I'd also look to see if there's any evidence of her having cancelled
the post. (I don't know what evidence there'd be--perhaps just ask
her.)

From the misc.jobs.* FAQ--

  |Q-11 How do I cancel an article?
  |
  |	The usual way to cancel an article is to bring it up in your
  |newsreader, and then issue a cancel command.  In the "rn" newsreader,
  |the cancel command is "C".  If you are using another newsreader, see the
  |documentation for the newsreader, or contact the news administrator
  |or technical support staff for your site.  I cannot assist you with other
  |software.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/jobs/welcome-faq/

7607 6FA2 6485 3707  42D1 99AD 7E20 52FD