Re: [dvd-discuss] The power of a click

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 01:17:13PM -0600, Steve Stearns wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kaplan's ruling and the subsequent
> backing of the appeals court forbid distribution of the source code
> despite it's expressive nature because it was "functional"?  The court
> could have ruled that the compiled code was forbidden but source code
> was not, but they didn't.  While the "one-click" standard could make
> sense in the context of the excutable windows binary, it doesn't for the
> source code.

so? it's not like kaplan's opinion made much sense anywhere. I have
only read parts of it, since until the marines knock down my door I'm
still comfortably outside of US jurisdiction, but if that guy wasn't
being paid by the movie mafia, I may have just seen too much of their
crap.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>