RE: [dvd-discuss] The power of a click

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 10:52, Richard Hartman wrote:
> Moreover, although a single click is enough to _launch_
> DeCSS, I doubt that the operator interaction ends there.
> (Admittedly, I have never run DeCSS ... but I assume there
> are parameters to tweak & at least a field for an output
> filename to be filled out, plus another click on a "go"
> button ...)

Perhaps on appeal, assuming that there is an appeal, it might be useful
to demonstrate how many clicks it really takes.  I mean, at best, you at
least have to go through and compile DeCSS.  That means you have to know
how to use said compiler and actually have that compiler available. I
suspect the average windows user probably doesn't have a compiler.
Then, once compiled, isn't this a command line tool?  So you have to
have enough computer knowledge to figure out how to use the tool.  Now,
at that point can you create VOB files without DeCSS encoding?  I'm not
sure.  What other tools do you need?

---Steve