RE: [dvd-discuss] Diebold uses DMCA to suppress embarrassing memos

I know that snail-mail correspondance is different than
a spoken conversation, and I would imagine that an e-mail
correspondance is more comparable to a snail-mail exchange
than a conversation (now, IM on the other hand might be
more "conversation-like").

I believe there are restrictions on publishing private
correspondance.  There are certainly restrictions on
_recording_ private conversations without the other
person's knowledge.  What exactly those restrictions
might be I will leave for the legal-ish members of
this list to fill in.

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!