Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:27:25PM -0500, Ole Craig wrote:
> > DVD ROM drives don't contain player keys, Sanctioned DVD video players
> > (including software players) do.
>
> 	Yes, and I am certain that Jon received just such a package
> along with his DVD drive, much as I did when I bought mine.

While that is quite possible, it's no certainty. At least here in Germany
it's quite possible to purchase the "bulk" version of a DVD drive that
doesn't come bundled with a software player.

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of
arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand." (Ambassador G'Kar, Babylon 5)