Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?

Sham Gardner writes:

: On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:27:25PM -0500, Ole Craig wrote:
: > > DVD ROM drives don't contain player keys, Sanctioned DVD video players
: > > (including software players) do.
: >
: > 	Yes, and I am certain that Jon received just such a package
: > along with his DVD drive, much as I did when I bought mine.
:
: While that is quite possible, it's no certainty. At least here in Germany
: it's quite possible to purchase the "bulk" version of a DVD drive that
: doesn't come bundled with a software player.

Johansen testified in the Corley case that he had a MSWindows machine,
perhaps dual boot, I don't recall, on which he could play DVD's, but
that he wanted to play them on his Linux box.  Thus he had software
with the player key just as Sham Gardner states.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu