RE: [dvd-discuss] [Off-topic] Eldred v. Ashcroft.

On 7 Aug 2002 at 10:36, Bryan Taylor wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:           	Bryan Taylor <bryan_w_taylor@yahoo.com>
Subject:        	RE: [dvd-discuss] [Off-topic] Eldred v. Ashcroft.
To:             	dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu

> I wonder if you could make the case for any of the works that were first
> *published* just after the current public domain boundary that the work was in
> fact *created* before the boundary, so that the work is in fact public domain.

It's strange that you mention that...months ago I posted a question regarding
the publishing of Clark Ashton Smith's juvenilia "Black Diamonds" this evening
I got an email from the publisher asking if I had gotten any responses. Here's
a work written in the 1910's  by an author who died in the 50's and was
published in 2002.....the publisher, like myself, seemed to be wondering if
anyone could sort it out....