[dvd-discuss] Comments to the Senate Judiciary Committee

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I sent a comment about mandating
DRM technologies for general purpose computers.

I just received the following message in response.

: We are no longer accepting comments via e-mail, as we have created a new,
: web-based submission form.  I encourage you to please re-submit your
: comments at http://judiciary.senate.gov/special/input_form.cfm?comments=1 .

I have resent the comment using that web address and now fear
that the formatting will be all messed up.

The good news, however, is that when I resubmitted my message to
the web site I was shown all the comments that have been received
by the Committee so far---there are quite a few of them---AND
NOT A SINGLE COMMENT SUPPORTS MANDATORY DRM TECHNOLOGIES.

It may be worthwhile to encourage others to send their comments
to the Committee.  Overwhelming opposition by the public---that
is publically available---may be hard for politicians to ignore.

The comments are available at
<http://judiciary.senate.gov/special/input_form.cfm>.

For those of you who have connections with the press, you might
inform them of this reaction by the public.  I should think
that it would make an interesting feature story: Public
Repudiates the Mouse.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu