Re: [dvd-discuss] Comments to the Senate Judiciary Committee

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 00:36, Peter D. Junger wrote:

> The good news, however, is that when I resubmitted my message to
> the web site I was shown all the comments that have been received
> by the Committee so far---there are quite a few of them---AND
> NOT A SINGLE COMMENT SUPPORTS MANDATORY DRM TECHNOLOGIES.

I guess the big question here is whether the web postings of many
citizens has more impact than the words and money of a lobbyist from
Hollywood. Fortunately that may be offset by the electronics industry
lobbyists.

> It may be worthwhile to encourage others to send their comments
> to the Committee.  Overwhelming opposition by the public---that
> is publically available---may be hard for politicians to ignore.

It certainly doesn't hurt :).

---Steve