Re: [dvd-discuss] [openlaw] Government takes more extreme lineinsecond"Eldred" case

Landes and Posner stated that
"A point stressed in the
legistive history of the 1976 act is that, by making the death of the
author the determining date for copyright protection, "all of the
authors works, including successive revisions of them would fall into
the public domain at the same time, thus avoiding the present problems
of determining a multiple of publication dates and distinguishing "old"
from "new" matter in later editions."

Now that's quite a straw man argument. All those bad old problems
associated with putting a copyright date on works get solved by replacing
that with the author's death which is something that everybody knows and
can easily find out!Too bad they never heard of diff either!

<jerwin@gmu.edu>
01/11/02 09:06 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss