Re: [dvd-discuss] Some opinions on the appellate court's decision (longish)

>From: Claus Fischer <claus.fischer@clausfischer.com>

>Exactly. The point is, the capability of machines is ever increasing,
>and many things which are not done yet are not a matter of capability
>but merely of cost and efficiency. Do we want to allow all speech
>which has potentially functional aspects to lose its protection?

While this argument is important to make, we run the risk of hearing "not
ripe" from a court that hears it unless we can demonstrate or amicify a
specific example. The court won't be moved if we merely tell the joke about
"format cee colon backslash enter yes yes!" we need a proof-of-concept to
drive the point home.

Then again, maybe we can just get away with pointing out that windows'
drag-n-drop environment is always one mouse click away from doing some a
priori illegal copying.

By the internet's mere existence, we are presumed infringers. Makes you feel
warm and fuzzy inside.