[dvd-announce] Comments to the Copyright Office on 1201

Over on the dvd-discuss list, we have been discussing a reply comment to
the Copyright Office in its rulemaking on the anticircumvention provision
of the DMCA -- section 1201(a)(1).  We propose that all classes of works be
exempted from the anticircumvention of access controls, where the access is
to make a non-infringing use of the work.  We specifically criticize the
comments submitted earlier by the MPAA, Time Warner, and Sony.

The comment is online at
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/DVD/drafts/1201comment.html>

The comment will come from Copyright's Commons, rather than trying to speak
for Openlaw, but we'd love to hear comments from you on how to strengthen
it.  It's due at 5 tomorrow evening.  (More information on the rulemaking
is at <http://www.loc.gov/copyright/1201/anticirc.html> ).

Please email me or Bryan Taylor <bryan_w_taylor@yahoo.com> with suggestions.

Thanks!
--Wendy
Wendy Seltzer
wendy@seltzer.com
Fellow, Berkman Center  for Internet & Society
Openlaw - DVD: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/DVD