Revising this guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is a section within Good practices for university open-access policies.
Here are some topics under discussion. In some cases, we're still working out our recommendations. In some cases, good practices are hard to identify or yet to emerge.
- How should universities assure OA for approved theses and dissertations?
- Until the guide adds entries on theses and dissertations, see Recommendation 1.2 of the ten-year anniversary statement of the Budapest Open Access Initiative (September 2012): "Every institution of higher education offering advanced degrees should have a policy assuring that future theses and dissertations are deposited upon acceptance in the institution's OA repository. At the request of students who want to publish their work, or seek a patent on a patentable discovery, policies should grant reasonable delays rather than permanent exemptions."
- How should universities respond to the Elsevier policy allowing green OA except at institutions with OA mandates?
- The guide is written and edited by Stuart Shieber and Peter Suber, in consultation with a growing list of experts. For the latest list, see the Preface.
- To suggest a revision, or to be listed as an endorsing organization, please contact Stuart or Peter directly.
Return to the table of contents.