Other formats for this guide
From Harvard Open Access Project
Revision as of 16:07, 12 May 2019 by WikiSysop
- This is a section within Good practices for university open-access policies.
- The most current and authoritative version of the guide is this wiki edition, <bit.ly/goodoa>. We launched it in October 2012 and update it regularly.
- For those who preferred other formats, we formerly published print and PDF editions.
- We released the first print and PDF editions in October 2013, and the second print and PDF editions in October 2015.
- The 2013 editions used the text as it stood on September 26, 2013, after roughly one year of evolution on the wiki. The 2015 editions used the text as it stood on September 7, 2015, after roughly three years of evolution on the wiki.
- Unlike the wiki edition, the print and PDF editions used continuous pagination. Like the wiki edition, they stood under CC-BY licenses. Like the wiki edition, the PDF editions had active links in the text. The print editions used endnotes and URLs where the other two editions used active links. To support those who wanted to print the PDF, the PDF editions included the same endnotes as the print editions.
- Here's the October 2015 PDF edition. Also see the copy in DASH, Harvard's open-access repository.
- Print editions from 2013 and 2015 are no longer available.
- We don't plan to publish print or PDF editions in the future. We could only encourage their use for a short time before they fell too far out of date. We no longer encourage their use, and now only recommend the continually-updated wiki edition.
- If you wish to cite the guide, please cite this wiki edition, not one of the frozen and out-of-date PDFs.