Re: [h2o-discuss] low profile

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Jon Garfunkel wrote:

> I caught the tail end of Eric Raymond's appearance at Softpro books in
> Burlington, Mass. yesterday. He is one of the well-known pundits for open
> source code, and has just published his popular online essays in a book.
>
> I asked him whether he had any comment on the work of the opencode group
> here. He responded rather coldly: "I don't work with non-software groups." I
> think someone pressed for some clarification on BCIS, so I started to sum it
> up in 25 words or less... and then Raymond interrupted and said he was
> passed his alotted time, he'd need to attend to the next item on his
> itenary, a chat with the Globe.

Yes, for a time I've been watching Raymond, and I definetely think
he's a kind of playboy of "Open Software" ( whatever it means).
Raymond is unable to any major work, so he has to do his best
in being a braggart. By the way, I haven't presented to the list
, this it'd be very lengthy and difficult. Basically I'm a not
very wise guy, but he tries to do his best. I programm usually
in python. And I run a half of small of free projects (some of them
comatose). The last one would be interesting for you? Because it
involves some legal stuff.
It's in http://www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina/TeEncontreX.html
is a collection of USENET and mailling list articles of TeX.
I wonder what's the copyright status of such a thing?
Any commments ?

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
-------------
My addresses / mis direcciones:
a="www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina"
b=[("Lritaunas Peki Project", ""),
   ("Spanish users of LaTeX(en Espanyol)", "/pyttex.htm" ),
   ("page of drawing utility for tex ", "/texpython.htm" ),
   ("CrossWordsLand","/cruo/cruo.html")
   ]
for i in b:
  print i[0],":", a+i[1]

  A lot of people I know believe in positive thinking, and so do I. I believe everything positively stinks. -- Lew Col