[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] nytimes on publishing classics
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] nytimes on publishing classics
- From: Jeremy Erwin <jerwin(at)ponymail.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:53:16 -0500
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
And yes, it is germane to this list, although devoid of legal cites.
"The first thing you'd do in classics publishing was keep a list — a
rolling schedule of what was going into the public domain," [David][
Ebershoff [publishing director of The Modern Library] said. "That was
item No. 1. Now it's not only not item No. 1; it's not an item."