RE: [dvd-discuss] A TPM without use limitations -- thoughts?

Well this is an easy one..at aminimum if every CD can't have a unique
fingerprint and each buyer be required to give a DNA sample in addition to
name, address, phone number etc then ...of course they can't ever sell it
to anyone or if they do then they have to ensure that they get the right
DNA sample and change the registration. Of course if they don't they they
may still see JackBoots in the night...seems a bit much....OK then Each
distribution outlet will have a unique finger print ID and buyers will be
required to register. In the event of infringement, the IP Police just
break down EVERYBODYS door to find the guilty person....the whole notion
of fingerprinting doing anything useful looks dumb and dumber...

"Richard Hartman" <hartman@onetouch.com>
10/31/2002 09:46 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss