Re: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

someone somewhere wrote:

> just ask yourself, how many movies older than 15 years do you watch,
> there may be some, but the select few that still make some money out
> of it, can't possibly justify such a lenghty term...

Two Words: Star Wars (1979 IIRC)

Whether there is commercial value at the end of the selected copyright
period should be irrelevant, though. The question surely should be what
period of monopoly is regarded as sufficient to provide encouragement to
the author to produce the works in question. I believe that period
should lie somewhere between 10 and 25 years.