Re: [dvd-discuss] How many bits is a technical protection measure?

OY VAY!....

So if CSS is really just a hook to allow the studios to invoke the DMCA to keep
their monopoly, this is another example. A program for rescaling
fonts...program schmogram...this is ascinine - typefaces are not copyrighted
but any program that rescales them is!

OK what happens if I decide to change the rescaling program? Totally or
Trivially! Suppose I rewrite it to do exactly the SAME thing but only
differently? Or slightly differently (e.g, different aspect ration 1:1+epsilon
) Does that totally negate this action under the DMCA?