RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

I don't mean this to be insulting or to ruffel anyone's feathers in any
way, not would I shown porn to my two year old daughter (if I had one, and
if I watched it myself), but...

I don't get why people in this country are so offended by sexuality that
libraries and schools, etc., are all trying to block it.  A nude photo of
a 17 year old girl here is "child pornography", while it is perfectly
acceptable in most other countries.  Are we so repressed?

I have better things to do with my time, money (and hard drive
space?) than partake of pornagraphy, and I think that adding sex to a
movie doesn't make up for a lack of plot.  But I don't really think
Children need to be "protected" from sexuality, it's a part of
life.  I know, I know, I don't understand becaus eI don't have any
children, right?  Just to me, if I was five years olf and saw people
having sex, I would say "daddy, what is that", and he would explain it,
and I would understand or I wouldn't, but I wouldn't become
"damaged" somehow.  I just think it's funny how people seem to sorry about
sexuality more than violence.  (But I have to say I think it's silly to
censor video games and what not too, I played Mortal Kombat when I was
littler, I knew it wasn't acceptibly or feasable to rip out people's
spines in public!).

Sorry for the OT.

 -- noah silva