RE: [dvd-discuss] Must Copyright terms be uniform?

Not a good idea. That assumes that the only thing worthy of copyright
protection is something that makes money. So bestselling authors/peformers
deserver copyright but the lesser don't....that's not a particualary fair
or equitable arragnement. I think Macauley's arguments are still sound.
Set the term. Make it long enough but not excessively so and don't mess
with it again! It's such a simple approach and anyone can understand it
and the government can administer it too.

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
11/07/01 09:45 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss