Re: [dvd-discuss] Fwd: Bush taps Clarke as CyberdefenseChief

Steve Gibson has some interesting comments on raw sockets in WindowsXP on
this website (www.grc.com). Given some of his recent experiences with DOS
attacks, I can understand his concerns. There certainly is the potential
for widespread misuse given the expected distribution of WindowsXP. OTOH,
I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about nimda, code red1, code red2, etc
by the talking heads on the tube and NOT hearing them say "OK the internet
is down today thanks to another "feature" created by microsoft" Everybody
keeps reporting on the evil wicked hackers without focusing on the real
culprit-microsoft.

Right now everybody is playing catchup and want to be a computer whizz
just as people did with stereos, cars, and radio decades ago.

Noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>
10/16/01 07:08 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss