RE: [dvd-discuss] Skylarov indicted for trafficing and conspiracy

The free "Reader" doesn't do any such thing -- it allows one to read,
view and print PDF files; of course, any and all of these can be
limited *by the author* using Adobe Acrobat, the commercial product.

The free Reader has no *mind* of its own, so to speak. Any disabling
of permissions is done prior to Reader accessing a PDF file -- and
it's done by the creator of the file, or the publisher in the case of
PDFs destined for the Adobe Acrobat eBook Reader.

Best to distinguish between the two free viewing tools for PDFs.

I've read that in most cases where publishers disable the "Read
Aloud" permission of eBooks, it's because they have sold the audio
rights separately. So much for all the hype about the potential of
interactive, electronic books. That was supposed to be one of its
biggest advantages over print, but now as they say, 'you get (only)
what you pay for.'

rgds ~ Kurt
Planet PDF - A world of Acrobat/PDF news, tips, tools and forums
mailto:kfoss@binarything.com | mailto:kfoss@planetpdf.com
http://www.binarything.com/ | http://www.planetpdf.com/
BinaryThing.com - The ePublishing Network