[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dvd-discuss] Public Domain Enhancement Bill
- To: dvd-discuss <dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] Public Domain Enhancement Bill
- From: Kurt Hockenbury <khockenb(at)stevens-tech.edu>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:22:52 -0400
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
On 26 Jun 2003, Stephen L Johnson wrote:
> I think it's going to very, very interesting on how this is going to
> play out in Congress. But I really wonder how the likes of Disney, et al
> are going to react to this bill. Do they support it and try to earn
> some brownie points; say nothing, or fight it and show their true
If Disney were really smart, they would support it. Not for brownie points,
but for more public domain to pull from.
Step one: get this bill passed.
Step two: let the public start re-discovering 50+ year old stuff.
Step three: when something in the new public domain starts gaining popularity,
make a Disney version.
C.F. "The Secret Garden".