RE: [dvd-discuss] COMDEX speech

On 21 Nov 2002 at 8:58, Richard Hartman wrote:

Subject:        	RE: [dvd-discuss] COMDEX speech
Date sent:      	Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:58:04 -0800
From:           	"Richard Hartman" <hartman@onetouch.com>
To:             	<dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu>

> Exactly.  Which is why I would advocate the establishment
> of a legal distinction similar to the one between "patent"
> and "trade secret".

Add copyright. You have to give a full and without reservations disclosure of
the work in exchange for copyright protection of the work and derivative ones.
A DRM is not giving a disclosure without reservations. IN the smoke and mirrors
of "intellectual property", this simple observation that you make is what is
totally missed.