Re: [dvd-discuss] [OT] Money-where-your-mouth-is department

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 19:36, Joshua Stratton wrote:
> Nevertheless, I don't care for the imposition on the first-sale rights of
> the CD. It's great that noncommercial copying and sharing is permitted,
> but you might like to resell the original CD sometime, even if you cannot
> resell the copies from it.

That's not the way I read it.
In any case, as the CD was a freebie with the book,
you can certainly sell the book complete with the
CD, and for that matter keep a copy.  The net
effect is to allow everything that you would
have under copyright (like the GPL, they don't
attempt to remove any of your rights) but to
*add* a couple that copyright would prohibit as
long as you accept some strings for those additions
only.

--
| It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance  |
|  It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance  |