Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright ranges

I don't know about legally, but in practice typos get fixed in the next
printing rather than a new edition and that does not extend the copyright.
Legally, I would guess that changing a few synonyms would not constituted
substantial original work for a new copyright...at least it would have
before the WIPO treaty.

WRT to typos, a book written by a coworker and published by Wiley was
reprinted by Krieger. But Krieger did not use the last printing and so the
reprint has numerous typos that the last Wiley printing does not.

Sham Gardner <mail@risctaker.inka.de>
08/05/2002 08:16 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss