Re: [dvd-discuss] What is a "Technological Measure"?

On 12 Jun 2002 at 19:39, Seth Johnson wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:39:36 -0400
From:           	Seth Johnson <seth.johnson@realmeasures.dyndns.org>
To:             	dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject:        	Re: [dvd-discuss] What is a "Technological Measure"?

> Straightforward parsing:
>
> The Copyright Act that was enacted in the Digital Millennium

Isn't it amazing that Congress has the forsight and possible the help of the
Psychic Friends to realize that EVERYONE will be doing digital for the next
thousand years....I see a retro movement happening in 2028....a cache of LPs is
found in a former dump in LA. Preserved by some magic they are intact. There
are millions of them there because records show TWI Columbia, and A&Mdumped all
their warehouse there..this abandoned property appears on street
corners....injunctions trying to stop them are unsuccessful...the culture mines
of LA are started

All attempts at jocularity aside...Digital Millenium? That's the staight
forwared parsing and it equates to something meaning less....Congress-the
opposite of progress