Re: [dvd-discuss] Extending copyright discourages the creation of new works.

Not that I can recall. It's a good argument. THe counter argument is that "well
these golden oldies provide us with the money to finance the uncertainties of
finding out who are the next generation by publishing their work". My counter-
counter argument is "But what you are discussing is a monopoly at best with a
duration so long that it cannot be administered fairly or a perpetual one which
HISTORY has demonstrated is even worse. See the history leading up to the
statute of Anne.."