Re: [dvd-discuss] NYTimes.com Article: Google Runs Into Copyright Dispute

Noah is correct. I did click the "email this to a friend" link and
didn't realize an ad would be included. But that raises an
interesting ethical (and legal) question.  Like most on this list, i
am strongly opposed to the enormous widening of copyright protections
and the resulting abuse of power.  It seems to me that part of that
fight should be to encourage responsible use of copyright. When a
content creator, like the New York Times, makes its material
available on the Internet for free and provides a mechanism for
forwarding that material via e-mail at the price of including a small
ad, then perhaps their behavior should be rewarded and we should
respect their wishes that the ad be included  when the material is
disseminated.

Arnold Reinhold