[dvd-discuss] Security constraints on email?

Dear Friend:
I got this from a senator I sent my comments on the SSS-CA or whatever it is
now to.....Security constraints? Does anyone know what that's about?

     Thanks for your recent e-mail message to my office.  Your views are
     very important to me, and I appreciate you taking the time to share
     your comments and concerns.  To receive more information on my office
     in the Senate and other government information, visit my home page at
     "http://kohl.senate.gov";.

     I like to respond individually to every letter, phone call and e-mail
     message sent to my office by residents of Wisconsin.  However,
     because of a variety of security constraints, I cannot respond to you
     via e-mail but must use conventional mail instead