Re: [dvd-discuss] Slashdot article - Canadian Tariffs

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 10:57, Arnold G. Reinhold wrote:

# (g)  $21  for  each  gigabyte  of  memory  in  each  non-removable
# hard drive incorporated into each MP3 player or into each simi-
# lar device with an internal hard drive that is intended  for use
# primarily to record and play music. "

Considering that according to the RIAA all computers are intended
primarily to record and play music, that makes a $1260 tariff for a
60 GB drive.  Could run the cost of machines up a bit, eh?

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+