Re: [dvd-discuss] Viant report (was Washington Post Article)

OK Here's a question? <Wendy, Jim, Peter, anyone else :-) > CAN one have
legal protection under the DMCA if one has TPM or access control that is
not publically known?  For example, suppose someone does not provide a
feature in a DLL the media player uses (e.g., skip N blocks, ) and someone
realizes "hey I can add this great feature to the media player by writing
a patch program that modifies the DLL" Suddenly, the media player people
cry "DMCA" you broke our circumvention.

78v3rc001@sneakemail.com
02/26/02 09:12 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss