Re: [dvd-discuss] Rep. Boucher and EFF on copy-protected CDs

I completely agree with this.  I also figure that it would be wrong for
anyone to sue me for using somepthin like napster to "illegally" download
and save music, then they get royalties for the medium I save to.

In most countries, they get no royalties, and copying would be illegal.
In canada, they get royalties, and personal copying is legal.

Here they want to have their cake and eait it too.  I don't think they can
have it both ways.

(that said, it anyone actually dumb enough to pay more for "audio" CDs?)

  -- noah silva