RE: [dvd-discuss] Re: The Grounds for Appeal

I like the player piano parallel.  The roll is exactly
equivilant to code and the piano is exactly equivilant
to the computer.  Moreover, it is a concrete example
that the courts are much more likely to be familiar
with than actual computer and code (which are seen
by some to be opaque and incomprehensible ... a mystique
begun by the "high priests" of the mainframe age).

Can we develop this player piano example into an argument
for the court?

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!