Re: [dvd-discuss] The power of a click

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Christophe Beauregard wrote:

> On 2001-12-03 06:10, Scott A Crosby wrote:
> > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Steve Stearns wrote:
> > > theater.  The legislature has realized that prosecuting everybody
> > > who shares a file on Gnutella is completely beyond their
> > > capabilities.  The
> >
> > Oh, I don't know if I'd say this...
> >
> > In 1997, there were about 700,000 marijuana arrests in the United
> > States.[1]
> >

> The effect on the legal system would be similar to a large drug cartel
> breaking into hundreds of thousands of vehicles and planting some
> marijuana butts (or whatever) in the ashtrays.

I was only pointing out that there isn't safety in numbers, at least if
the number of people is under a million. If they can arrest the greater
part of a million marijuana users a year, whats to keep them from calling
all of us evil hackers and arresting the million of us? Nothing.

Fewer, actually, because once the arrests start, they'll scare the rest.

There's more than enough precedent. (Japenese internment camps, war on
drugs)

Scott